14 September 2014
07 September 2014
First Corinthians 13: 4-7 is about what we are called to do - to love. One of my mentors reminds me, quite often, to replace the words "Love" and "It" with my name and say these verses aloud. I am continually challenged to be more patient, kind, peaceful, compassionate, honest, humble, attentive, understanding, mindful, self-aware, courageous and mindful. I am a constant work in progress and this practice is challenging me lately. The patience part especially. So I will continue to grow and stretch and work on me.
05 September 2014
Watermelon Detox Juice is a healthy (and tasty) way to cleanse toxins from your system. Nutrient and dietary fiber rich, with a high water content, watermelon provides health benefits without packing on the calories. The addition of ginger helps soothe the digestion track. Enjoy!
Watermelon Detox Juice
- 1 cup cubed watermelon, including the white flesh
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 mint leaves
- Blend and enjoy! Add a few ice cubes for a frothy drink.
02 September 2014
The Detox Salad is packed with nutrients and flavor. It is the perfect addition to your everyday meal planning or kickstart after over-indulging.
The Detox Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unfiltered, raw, apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons quality dijon mustard
- few pinches of Himalayan salt or sea salt
- few pinches of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 - 10 ounce bag of Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch Collection (see Cook's Note for alternative)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, not in oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons unsalted, roasted pecan pieces