If you like kale, you'll love this salad! Add grilled chicken or steak to make a more filling meal. Shallots are also a delicious addition! This salad takes less than 5 minutes to prep and will keep for 24 hours in the fridge. Be sure you give the kale a gentle massage after you add the lemon juice and olive oil; it helps break it down and absorb the flavors. I prefer green kale for this salad. Enjoy!
Simple Kale Salad
Serves 2 entree or 4 side
- 1 head green kale, rinsed, stems removed and torn into pieces
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (I like to use tangerine olive oil, but regular is good, too)
- small handful of sun-dried tomatoes
- small handful of toasted walnut pieces
- small handful of feta
- Massage lemon juice and olive oil into kale for about 30 seconds. Be gentle!
- Add other ingredients.